Simple Home Treadmill Training Tips To Make Your Workout More Enjoyable
Let’s take a minute and address that big elephant in the room: none of us really want to go to the gym. We all know that it is too crowded and too expensive. There are so many other places we would all rather be. And I don’t know about you, but my time is really limited to even get to the gym. How many of us have to get the kids ready for school, go to work, get the kids, make dinner, get all of the chores done, and then go to the gym?
Just thinking about a day like that is enough to make me want to take a nap, let alone do exercise. We all live very busy lives and have far too many responsibilities always to find the time to get to the gym. While we are all looking to feel our best, getting to the gym to do it is not the most realistic option. Many individuals have begun to see the many benefits of having an in house gym.
Working all day is a chore that we all must face and typically deal with a great multitasking portion. By the time you get home in the evening, you do not want to run to the gym and work out, even though it is one of your goals. Instead, you want to sit down and watch some TV and grab some snacks. When all you see during the advertisements are products for getting fit and staying healthy, it would seem that your television is trying to pass you a message. If you want to get and stay healthy and look your best, you are going to have to get up and get moving. The bright side of this article is that we will not force you to go to the gym. The downside is we are going to share with you the absolute best in treadmill training. There will be some work involved on your part, and if you do not own a treadmill yet, you will soon see why it is the best investment you could make.
If you have been thinking about training from home and skipping the gym, a treadmill is the best investment you could make. I know what you are thinking, why a treadmill when it is just as easy to go outside and take a jog or run in the fresh air. My argument to that is if you enjoy running, it should not matter where you run. And secondly, we all know that the weather never cooperates with our plans, including outdoor workouts. Rain, snow, cold weather, and other elements can take all of the fun out of a daily run.
You want a treadmill in the home so you can take better care of your body. Having a treadmill in the house will ensure that nothing is going to get in the way of a good workout. Let’s take an in-depth look at the best type of training with a home workout.
- First and foremost, you always want to ensure that you take the time and do a proper amount of stretching before getting on the treadmill. It is just as easy to pull a muscle on the treadmill on a track or sidewalk.
- Be sure that you put enough of an emphasis on warming up and cooling down before and after your workout.
- Never hit your treadmill at the start of a workout going full throttle. This is going to be quite difficult for your body to adjust to that fast of a speed. Secondly, your body is going to have a more challenging time recovering from that type of workout.
It is important to remember that proper cool downs and warm-ups take an additional five minutes.
- Feel free to binge-watch your favorite show while working out. When you take time to enjoy music or your favorite show while working out, it helps to take your mind off your body’s struggle during the workout.
- Never force yourself to workout for a specific time. Always do what you feel comfortable doing. There are days where you may feel like a longer or shorter workout, and that is fine. Also, there is no need to always run on a treadmill; you can walk or jog. This is especially true for individuals who have heart conditions or poor joints.
Typically, anything longer than ten minutes is going to be good for your body. If you want an effective cardiovascular workout, try to get your target heart rate for at least 20 minutes.
- Understand that while using a home treadmill, your body temperature rises faster and higher. This is because you are not outside or in a large gym. You will find that you feel much more exhausted at a sooner rate. Always, have a water bottle nearby and keep yourself hydrated.
- If you want to simulate outdoor wind resistance, be sure to set your treadmill at a 1 to 2 level incline.